About Play Free and Create
- Play Free and Create highlights open ended art projects designed for toddlers and preschoolers.
- These projects emphasize play and process while encouraging exploration and experimentation.
- Instructions and tips are presented in a short, simple, easy to follow format. Limits, such as how many colors to use or how long to work on each project, help produce aesthetically pleasing pieces that can be shared with family and friends.
- Many projects include a related storybook that can be read together.
- 50 projects will be shared by year’s end 2017. Check back often for new ideas that facilitate playful art making!
About the Author
Heather White is a museum educator and art teacher in Oklahoma City. She designs and leads gallery experiences for visitors of all ages at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art and teaches art for toddlers and preschoolers at a local day school and at the Belle Isle Library.