- Play Free and Create highlights open ended art projects designed for toddlers and preschoolers.
- These projects emphasize play and process while encouraging exploration and experimentation.
- Instructions and tips are presented in a short, simple, easy to follow format. Limits, such as how many colors to use or how long to work on each project, help produce aesthetically pleasing pieces that can be shared with family and friends.
- Many projects include a related storybook that can be read together.
- Check back often for new ideas that facilitate playful art making! Fifty projects will be posted in 2017.
Many of the projects featured on Play Free and Create come from classes I have taught at a local day school, as well as family workshops I have led at the library and art museum.
Projects have been designed for young artists ages 18 months through 4 years, but can also be easily adapted for any age, including adults.
Enjoy art making that grows naturally from playing freely.